Wednesday, October 28, 2009

*SIGH* Almost Week 26

Well I'm sorry I haven't written a blog post for so long, but once again there is not much to report.

For some reason unbeknown to me my house is now running about 6th in the race of who will be first to be complete. Strange considering it was the second slab to be laid in the street together with my next door neighbours slab.

I am so annoyed it is not funny anymore. Not only has the modest 15 Sq 2 bedroom room already taken 25 full weeks to not be at lock-up, but the brickwork that was supposed to be fixed and finished has not been completed!! I was sent an invoice to pay for work that was bellow par and was in the process of being repaired. I am still waiting for the brickwork under my double lounge room door and my front door. Stupid me paid the invoice. THAT’S IT!! NEVER AGAIN!! Unless all work is complete, I won't pay.

Things that have been done since my last post 9 ½ weeks ago:

• Repair of brickwork is complete, still waiting on missing brickwork.
• Lower roof installed.
• Piping for solar hot water.
• Roughly cleaned inside.
• Site was cleaned of rubbish for scaffolding to be installed.
• Part of the Lock-up carpentry has been done.
• Hob for my shower.

Here is a list of things that someone in my street has even though they started 6-8 weeks after mine did. If there was a reason why I would be happy to hear it, but there has been no communication. So much for a fortnightly call:

• Insulation
• Exterior colorbond and mini orb cladding
• The brickwork that is missing from mine.
• Plaster almost finished

And lastly, Here is a list of things that have been brought to my SS's attention or other things that have not yet been fixed:

• Shower head height
• Dishwasher point not moved
• A/C point not moved
• Front window still broken after 4 weeks
• I discovered that my frame has timber from pallets in it? WTF?

On the plus side, what little communication I have had with my SS and CA has been great! No sarcasm, they have been really nice and I have appreciated the help.

Well there is just under 7 weeks to go until they want the street complete. HA, yer right, ill believe it when I see it.

Current View inside my house


Current View inside my house



The begining of my huge shower





Current View inside my house






Current View from front door




Broken window, sill now fixed and complete





About 30% of this wall was repaired





"Timber" from a pallet







Lintel not inset far enough, now fixed







More Brickwork that was repaired

2 comments:

  1. Dan,

    You're being extremely patient... I can't believe that our slabs were laid on the same day, yet my house next door is so further ahead in construction. And houses which started MONTHS after yours are progressing at a faster rate must be so bloody frustrating for you. And it's all the SAME BUILDER.... doesn't make any sense.

    Paul

    ReplyDelete