Thursday, August 6, 2009

August update

Well I suppose it's time for an update:

For the very few of you that read this, you will most likely know that I have had a battle on my hands trying to make sure certain things were fixed prior to them being able to be hidden. Almost 4 weeks after the frame stage invoice was sent out to me, they have rectified a majority of the issues with the build so far. So far I am at week 13 of my build. There is a house round the corner that started at the same time. He moved in last week!

So here we go:

The beam at the front of the house here was installed with too much checked out of it and was not up to "code" and would maybe collapse if a crow landed on it. It was strengthened with another beam attached to it that was checked out correctly.


I asked about this bit of frame and was told that it should be completed before I pay my invoice. Well I got the request to pay the invoice and it still was not completed. After a trying few days it was completed.

Seriously, how hard is it when you are a carpenter to nail things properly? This noggin wasn't even nailed in at all before, now fixed.

Too lazy to install a noggin, my taps were too far apart. Now been corrected, as shown.

Something new, but I wont mention it. Check braces should never have their structural integrity reduced by cutting them.



Time for some funny stuff:


Hrmmm, plan says put it at this height but elevations say half way up? Oh well, it can be fixed.


My neighbours door was sitting like this for about a month. My other neighbours doors and windows are sitting in my uncovered garage as well.



Very funny considering they have this printed on them!



I definitely want to do something like this at some stage. Suits the place and adds something to the front.


Hopefully I will be able to show you all more pics soon!

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you are having such a crappy time of it. I had always heard quite good things about your builder, how disappointing.

    At least things have been rectified and things are moving!!! Full speed ahead from now on, I have my fingers and everything else crossed for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yayyyyy! Congrats on finally getting some of those things fixed. I'm guessing they'll have lock-up stage complete by Xmas, judging from the time it's taken to finish the frame... LOL

    ReplyDelete